The calls, text and emails regarding club recognition are picking up. Club recognition supporting documentation is being gathered by club officers and teen directors across the South. The thought of photocopying old agendas and rosters is making many sick to their tummies. Budgets are being stretched because tens of dollars are being spent on mailing three ring binders to Charlotte, NC.
Well have no fear this year. In an effort to make Every Day Earth Day, we will be retiring the mailing of binders and documentation this year. If your club is interested in applying for club recognition this year please send me a request for your club’s Drop Box link. We will be accepting Drop Box submissions through May 15th.
As shared in previous articles below are the criteria for the levels of club recognition BRLS2018:
Level I Criteria
- Written club constitution consistent with the mission and purpose of Blue Ridge Leaders’ School.
- Written proof of professional staff and/or volunteer oversight by YMCA administration.
- Written proof of documented training sessions which address improving one’s spirit, mind and body. These shall include (as facilities permit) aquatics, fitness, sports, gymnastics and the theory of YMCA leadership and service.
- Written proof of 75% of the club membership shall provide a minimum of 24 service hours annually.
- Written proof of all club members shall pass a written test to attain club membership.
Level II Criteria
- Written proof of all Level I requirements.
- Written proof of Club operating with elected and functional officers.
- Club membership shall review and approve the constitution annually and be documented by written minutes of the meeting.
- Written proof of 50% of the club membership shall provide a minimum of 100 hours of YMCA volunteer service annually.
- Written proof of Club participation in Blue Ridge Leaders’ School and one other regional Leaders Club event annually.
Level III Criteria
- Written proof of all Level II requirements.
- A written training calendar in which the curriculum includes aquatics, fitness, sports, gymnastics and the theory YMCA leadership and service.
- Written proof of 75% of the club membership shall provide a minimum of 100 hours of YMCA volunteer service annually.
- Written proof of that at least one club member participates on a standing YMCA committee or works with some type of ongoing adult group throughout the Leaders’ Club year.
- Written proof of the Club participating in the local YMCA annual support campaign and/or raise contributed dollars toward a YMCA scholarship fund.
- Written proof of the Club conducting a multi-YMCA training event at least once every two years.