Club Recognition Update
The roll out of the new club recognition has resulted in a great deal of energy and excitement regarding the amazing work that is being accomplished at the home YMCAs.
The excitement of raising the bar has caused us to pump the brakes some as we are trying to align data collections from dozens of clubs from multiple associations. Streamlining the processes of collecting and reporting volunteer hours as well as fitness data will require 2019 to be a transitional year.
We are happy to re-introduce Level IV Criteria and the definition the Leader Calendar year. As stated before, please do not be alarmed by calendar year being defined. We just needed beginning and ending dates for tracking purposes. Due to this change, it is acceptable for hours served between June 1 -15, 2018 to be included in the data for BRLS 2018 as well asBRLS 2019. Beginning with next year’s recognition process, the time frame for hours tracking will be June 1, 2018 – May 31, 2019.
Fitness goal benchmarking and tracking has been moved to Level IV. There is an amazing team of BRLS staff that will be sending out updated fitness data sheets with columns for advisors to enter fitness check updates. Please return the check in sheets via email to both Ryan Graham and Chris Knox; Chris.Knox@ymcacharlotte.org.
We are working with Mobile Serve to allow YMCAs utilizing other volunteer collection sites to upload volunteer hours. If your YMCA has another site to track hours, please email Ryan Graham, the data pulled from that system by June 1st. In the future, Mobile Serve will be able to upload data from other data collection outlets, showing the impact this program is making throughout the country.
The 150 volunteer hour mark for Level IV criteria pertains only to the Leaders’ Club members that are in attendance at Blue Ridge Leaders School for that year.
Below are is the updated criteria for 2019 recognition only. These will be updated for 2020 and shared prior to the BRLS 2019.
Level I Criteria
- Written club constitution consistent with the mission and purpose of Blue Ridge Leaders’ School.
- Written proof of professional staff and/or volunteer oversight by YMCA administration.
- Written proof of documented training sessions which address improving one’s spirit, mind and body. These shall include (as facilities permit) aquatics, fitness, sports, gymnastics and the theory of YMCA leadership and service.
- Written proof of 75% of the club membership shall provide a minimum of 24 service hours annually.
- Written proof of all club members shall pass a written test to attain club membership.
- Written proof of all Level I requirements.
- Written proof of Club operating with elected and functional officers.
- Club membership shall review and approve the constitution annually and be documented by written minutes of the meeting.
- Written proof of 50% of the club membership shall provide a minimum of 100 hours of YMCA volunteer service annually.
- Written proof of Club participation in Blue Ridge Leaders’ School and one other regional Leaders Club event annually.
- Written proof of all Level II requirements.
- A written training calendar in which the curriculum includes aquatics, fitness, sports, gymnastics and the theory YMCA leadership and service.
- Written proof of 75% of the club membership shall provide a minimum of 100 hours of YMCA volunteer service annually.
- Written proof of that at least one club member participates on a standing YMCA committee or works with some type of ongoing adult group throughout the Leaders Club year.
- Written proof of the Club participating in the local YMCA annual support campaign and/or raise contributed dollars toward a YMCA scholarship fund.
- Written proof of the Club conducting a multi-YMCA training event at least once every two years.
- Written proof of all Level III requirements.
- Fitness goal benchmarking / progress is tracked and shared by April 1st.
- Mobile Serve YMCAs are the have their hours entered via Mobile Serve by June 1st. Non Mobile Serve YMCAs are to email data gathered from their YMCA association data collection system by June 1st.
- Written proof of 100% of the club membership participating in Blue Ridge Leaders’ School shall provide a minimum of 150 hours of YMCA volunteer service annually.
Please reach out will any questions.
In Spirit, Mind and Body,