2021 BLUE RIDGE LEADERS' SCHOOL
Session 1: June 19-26, 2021
Session 2: July 24-31, 2021
Welcome to the official application page for Blue Ridge Leaders’ School 2021! Please familiarize yourself with the information on this page as the application process contains several phases. Be sure to download the Operations Guides at the links below, which outline important information for parents, leaders and advisors on everything you need to know prior to, during and following the week on the mountain.
*Financial Assistance applications to be completed by parents or legal guardians.
**The Club Application Form must be completed by advisors after all their leaders and seniors have submitted individual applications. Please see below for more information.
While the online application window will officially close on May 1, advisors are strongly encouraged to have all applications submitted by March 9.
- January, 2021: Advisors fill out Form of Registration Intent
- February 19, 2021: Application Info Released
- Week of February 22, 2021: Application Webinars for New Advisors
- March 8, 2021: Online Application Window Opens at 10:00am EST (Leaders, Seniors, and Financial Assistance)
- March 18, 2021: Club Application Form Opens at 7:00pm EST
- April 1, 2021: Deadline for Financial Assistance Application Submissions
- May 1, 2021: Drops After This Date Subject to Full Payment
- May 1, 2021: Online Application Window Closes
- June 1, 2021: All Final Payments Due for Enrolled Clubs (Both Sessions)
- June 19-26, 2021: Blue Ridge Leaders’ School Session 1
- July 24-31, 2021: Blue Ridge Leaders’ School Session 2
- Leader: $545 (Deposit $150 per Leader) – fee includes school photo
- Senior Leader/Advisor: $610
- Staff Member: $100
- Observer (age 13+): $450
- Observer Child (age 3-12): $200
- Observer Infant (age <2): $0
- Club Delegation Fee: $100 per Club
Online Application Process Overview
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Each leader, together with their advisor, will submit his/her application. Typically, clubs host “Club Application Meetings” where all leaders submit their online applications at the same time. Please contact your advisor for more information on your club’s process for 2021 submissions.
Each LEADER needs to have the following completed prior to submitting his/her application:
- A completed Parent Release Form (to be scanned / uploaded as part of the online application and turned in to the advisor). Note: Parents and advisors must sign this form prior to submission; and
- A digital copy of a headshot (.jpg or .png) to upload as part of the leader’s application.
Each SENIOR LEADER AND ADVISOR needs the following:
- A digital copy of a headshot (.jpg or .png) to upload as part of the senior leader’s / advisor’s application.
Reminders for Advisors:
- Ensure that both sides of the Parent Release Form are completed and signed by the parent and advisor prior to submission of the application. Please collect all leaders’ Parent Release Forms and retain these for your records.
- Please make sure to carefully review each leader’s application prior to submission and ensure class selections are completed properly.
- You will be provided with an Advisor Code that you will need to input on each leader’s application prior to submission.
We are requiring photos of everyone on the mountain for security, safety and identity purposes. Photos do not need to be high resolution, but do need to clearly display the individual’s face only.
The online Club Application Form must be submitted by advisors after the club’s leaders and seniors have submitted individual applications. The purpose of the Club Application Form is to officially “apply” for your club’s delegation and provide current information about the club’s YMCA, Association, Executive Director, Advisor and other important information. The Club Application Form will open March 18, 2021 at 7pm EST and close May 1, 2021.
Each advisor will need to complete a Club Delegation Spreadsheet after all his/her leaders and seniors have submitted their applications. Advisors must clearly indicate in the form who is authorized to attend BRLS and which seniors are cleared and/or waitlisted. The spreadsheet must be completed, signed by the advisor and the applicable YMCA executive, and uploaded as part of the Club Application Form, beginning March 18, 2021. The Club Application Form (along with individual leader/senior applications) will close May 1, 2021.
Each club is permitted to bring 25 leaders. Additional leaders will be automatically waitlisted. All approved/waitlisted leaders must be clearly indicated on the advisor’s Club Delegation Spreadsheet.
Each club is permitted to bring a maximum of 2 seniors. There is a strict ratio of 1 senior per every 15 leaders. Additional seniors will be automatically waitlisted. For purposes of clarity, if one senior is also identified as an advisor, then that club is permitted to bring only one senior. All approved/waitlisted seniors must be clearly indicated on the advisor’s Club Delegation Spreadsheet.
Once your Club Delegation Spreadsheet and all leader applications are received, we will contact you with the approved number of spots for your club and let you know whether your club has been enrolled. A club delegation fee in the amount of $100 plus a deposit in the amount of $150 per leader will be due upon enrollment.
Payments must be made in one lump sum by your YMCA to cover all approved leaders, seniors and the advisor. Payment can be made in two ways: (1) Send a check to Blue Ridge Assembly, Attn: Blue Ridge Leaders’ School, 84 Blue Ridge Circle, Black Mountain, NC 28711. Please make sure you include your Club/YMCA name on the memo line of the check; or (2) by credit card via Square invoice. Note that a 3% fee will apply to your total if you elect to pay by card. If you want to pay by card, please indicate so on the Club Delegation Spreadsheet and we will send you a Square invoice.
You will be notified of payment deadlines for any outstanding balances due.
Note that drops after May 1, 2021 will be subject to full payment and will not be eligible for a refund.
No. We will email each advisor to confirm when your club has been officially enrolled or waitlisted for Session 1 or Session 2 and how many spots are confirmed.
Here is the link to the Financial Assistance Application. Financial assistance is available to leaders on a needs-basis. Parents or legal guardians of leaders who are interested in financial assistance should submit a Financial Assistance Application by April 1, 2021. Financial assistance award notifications will be sent on or about May 1, 2021.
If you have drops or need to make changes to your club delegation, please email Brianne at firstname.lastname@example.org. If any of your leaders have medical conditions that have changed, please email Brianne ASAP.
No. If you are a club advisor and have already submitted a BRLS Staff application, you do not need to complete a Senior Leader application at the Application Meeting. However, you will still need to complete the Club Application Form online beginning March 9.
Beginning with the 2021 school, BRLS will be adjusting the Club Recognition process. The new program is now called Club Administration. More information will be provided during the advisor webinars. Once BRLS notifies club advisors that their club has officially been enrolled in BRLS, advisors can then submit their club administration documents using the link listed on the right side of this page.
- 2021 BRLS Class and Clinic Descriptions
- Parent Release Form
- Preview of Leader Application Questions
- Preview of Senior Application Questions
- Club Pre-Application Form (for new clubs only)
- Club Delegation Spreadsheet (for advisors)
- Club Application Form
- Financial Assistance Application (for parents)
- Club Achievement Submission (formerly Club Administration / Club Recognition) (for advisors)
- Staff Background Check Form (YMCA employee)
- Staff Background Check Form (non-YMCA employee)
- Distribute Parent and Leader Ops Manual, Parent Release Forms, Class Offerings/Descriptions PDF, Application Preview PDFs
- Schedule your Club Application Meeting(s) on or after March 8 (or determine in advance a virtual process to review/submit leader applications)
- Download the Club Delegation Spreadsheet
- At the Club Application Meeting or through your club’s application process, each leader and senior will click on the link to their application form. Scan the signed Parent Release Forms and headshots (if they are not already in a digital format), review individual leader applications for accuracy, input the Advisor Code (which will be emailed to you) and submit the individual application for each leader. Save a hard copy of Parent Release Forms for your records.
- Complete your Club Delegation Spreadsheet
- Send interested parents the link to the Financial Assistance Form (will be posted on March 8)
- On or after March 18, submit the online Club Application Form (upload your Club Delegation Spreadsheet as part of the form)
- You will be notified that whether your Club has been enrolled or waitlisted
- Once notified that your Club has been enrolled, you (1) will receive an invoice to pay your deposit; and (2) may submit a Club Administration submission online
- Email any changes to your delegation (including any changes to leaders’ medical conditions) to Brianne ASAP
- See you on the mountain!