As registration packets information is being gathered in preparation for BRLS 2018, we have already had many clubs reaching out for the club recognition criteria. The criteria and levels for recognition at Blue Ridge Leaders’ School 2018 will remain the same as last year (listed below). We look forward to celebrating your club’s success when we gather together on the mountain this June.
Prior to Blue Ridge Leader’s School 2018, we will be rolling out the criteria and levels of recognition for the following year. This will allow clubs to begin their planning process for the next year. We are excited about the evolution of the club levels and criteria as we concentrate on all three sides of the triangle as it pertains to the impact of teen work at our home YMCAs.
Listed below are the criteria for the levels of Club Recognition BRLS 2018:
Level I Criteria
1. Written club constitution consistent with the mission and purpose of Blue Ridge Leaders’ School.
2. Written proof of professional staff and/or volunteer oversight by YMCA administration.
3. Written proof of documented training sessions which address improving one’s spirit, mind and body. These shall include (as facilities permit) aquatics, fitness, sports, gymnastics and the theory of YMCA leadership and service.
4. Written proof of 75% of the club membership shall provide a minimum of 24 service hours annually.
5. Written proof of all club members shall pass a written test to attain club membership.
Level II Criteria
1. Written proof of all Level I requirements.
2. Written proof of Club operating with elected and functional officers.
3. Club membership shall review and approve the constitution annually and be documented by written minutes of the meeting.
4. Written proof of 50% of the club membership shall provide a minimum of 100 hours of YMCA volunteer service annually.
5. Written proof of Club participation in Blue Ridge Leaders’ School and one other regional Leaders Club event annually.
Level III Criteria
1. Written proof of all Level II requirements.
2. A written training calendar in which the curriculum includes aquatics, fitness, sports, gymnastics and the theory YMCA leadership and service.
3. Written proof of 75% of the club membership shall provide a minimum of 100 hours of YMCA volunteer service annually.
4. Written proof of that at least one club member participates on a standing YMCA committee or works with some type of ongoing adult group throughout the Leaders Club year.
5. Written proof of the Club participating in the local YMCA annual support campaign and/or raise contributed dollars toward a YMCA scholarship fund.
6. Written proof of the Club conducting a multi-YMCA training event at least once every two years.
This year’s club recognition application will be available when the registration information is released.
In Spirit, Mind and Body,